Sunday 26 June 2011

My stall at my son's school's summer fair...

Saturday 25th June marked my first foray into the world of Summer Fairs with my new "Phoenix Trading" business, and what a day it was!

My saleable stock hadn't arrived in time for the fair, which I thought would make my stall look bare, but thanks to the help I received from my sponsor and another Phoenix Trader my stall looked full and very colourful!

The help came in the form of the loan of the card racks on which I displayed my sample cards - all of which I received in my £30 business kit! That's right - every card you can see on the display here was in the kit! I had enough samples to fill 3 card racks, which gave everyone who visited the stall plenty to look at! In addition to orders, I handed out several catalogues, had 2 provisional bookings for coffee mornings, and 4 people filled in the cards for an information pack on becoming a Phoenix Trader!

What did I learn from my experience? Well, the main thing was that I want to buy card racks etc of my own, as having a wide display means it is far easier for people to see what you have available. My plan is to have 3 racks (as shown in the photo) with the sample cards on show at the front, and the sealed stock to the back of them. I will also make a pile of catalogues readily available so people can help themselves.

I feel motivated to put together baskets more quickly now, for distribution to businesses for their staff rooms etc, as I know that will be a great source of sales and coffee morning bookings etc.

The verdict; Being a Phoenix Trader is going to be a massive amont of fun, and give me the additional money I wanted to cover those treats we have to really think about and budget for at the moment! It really it the ultimate part time job for me as a writer, student and mum, and I am looking forward to telling you all about it on here over the coming weeks and months!

Are you a Phoenix Trader? If so, how did you get started? How have you made the business work for you?

Please leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments!